Molding lasting national consciousness that defends, upholds and promotes Zimbabwe’s founding values, identity, and its interests worldwide through a modern, diverse, and participatory information and communication industry accessible to citizens and the world, using the best business practices and technological means.
- Develop policy and legal framework that promotes growth of a modern and vibrant information, media and broadcasting industry;
- Develop and project a national viewpoint;
- Bridge the rural-urban, North – South information divide;
- Articulate and promote Government policies and programmes;
- Facilitate two-way communication between Government and the citizenry;
- Build and develop standards for the information industry;
- Build a good image of the country
- Develop a diverse and plural media industry for Zimbabwe;
- Celebrate Zimbabwe’s cultural achievements and values;
- Articulate and mobilize for Zimbabwe’s indigenization and empowerment goals.