Harare got the name in 1982, after being renamed from Fort Saalisbury by the British's Pioneer Column. The City is made up of Harare City Council, Chitungwiza Municipal Authority, Epworth local Board and Ruwa Town Council. The Metropolitan Province houses the Capital City of Zimbabwe, Harare Estimated population is about 2,098 million according to 2012 National Census (ZIMSTATS).
Affectionately known as the Pulse of the Nation - Harare is the leading financial, commerce, communications and houses most Head Offices of Organisations doing business in Zimbabwe. ( Everything happens in Harare).
Why VISIT Harare?
- Easily accessible by road , rail and by air.
- World class hoteliers offering five star accommodation, conferencing and banqueting
- Balancing rocks in Epworth also used to design
- the Zimbabwean currency
- Chaminuka Curves in Chitungwiza
- Nature lovers, Mukuvisi Woodlands, National Botanical Gardens,
- Harare , Africa Unity Square and Gayas Gardens, Lion and Cheater Park, Snake World among others.
- A rural feel, Seke Communal Lands.
- A concentration of diversified Financial Institutions
- Commercial and tertiary activities
- Ready market of primary agricultural products at Mbare Musika
- Highly educated population where almost everyone is a fluent English speaker.
- Wold class communication infrastructure (telecommunication, internet), print media houses (newspapers), radio and television services for marketing purposes.
- Ready market of all finished products ranging from clothing, electronic gadgets, auto mobile, food and industrial raw materials among others
- Economic hub of the country best opportunities of investment range from agro-processing, real estate,
- Retail, health, ICT, waste recycling, water treatment, energy and transport.
- Special Economic Zones ; Sunway City Integrated industrial Park in Ruwa opportunities include. construction of a Hi Tech Park, medical park, regional shopping centre,
- dry/ inland port, manufacturing cluster as well as world class residential houses.
- Potential in linkages with our upcoming SMEs.
- Public Private Partnership models with the Government, Local Authorities and Parastatals for massive road, rail, water and sewer reticulation infrastructures
- Modernised Buildings, spacious shopping malls and Home to the Central Government Business
- Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport connecting you to the world.
- Highways linking you to other provinces in the country and to the neighbouring countries
- University of Zimbabwe with a range of faculties ranging from medicines, engineering, agriculture, commerce, social studies and research centres
- Diversified population including almost all foreign nationalities in Harare
- Diversified culture, (African, Western and Asian )
- Good climate free from snow and high temperatures
Corner Samora Machel and Julius Nyerere
P. O. Box 7700
Telephone +264 24 2797000